Commercial Investment Finance is used to purchase or refinance individual Commercial properties through to large portfolios. Funds can be used to assist with purchase, refinance or cash release for other projects.
Lenders generally focus on the quality of the asset(s), security of income and the location.
Some of the main factors that can influence what a lender will provide are:
- the type of commercial property, whether single-let or multi-let
- the credit quality of the tenants (tenant covenant)
- length of the lease(s)
- lease terms
- break clauses
- the level of rental income
- the location
Lenders will also be interested in the annual letting costs which include:
- ground rents
- letting fees
- maintenance costs
- contribution to sinking fund
- management overheads
Standard Commercial Investment Finance loans can be obtained for a term of up to 10 years at up 65% LTV (Loan To Value). Many lenders offer interest only but some will require amortisation as well. Some providers can lend up to 75% LTV, provided the investment yield is high enough to provide the required interest cover.
We can work with both onshore and offshore structures, as well as Expats, non-domicile investors, Trusts and Charities.
How we can help with our clients Commercial Investment Finance requirements:
- Through our extensive network of specialist Commercial Investment lenders, insurance companies, institutional lenders, high street banks and alternative lenders, we can find the right fit for our clients needs and their long term strategy.
- With our knowledge of our lenders requirements, on assessing the asset(s) and the clients needs, we can provide our clients an indication in as quick as 24 hours of the options available and likely quantum, rates, fees and estimated time to obtain funds.
- We aim to negotiate with our lenders to maximise leverage, minimise interest rates and fees, and achieve terms providing the maximum overall return to our clients
- With our experience, with a team of ex-bankers, we assist throughout the process from day 1 until completion. This allows our clients more time to focus on other areas of the business.