We want your experience with Century 10 Real Estate Finance to be as safe as possible and the security of your data is of the up-most importance to us. However, internal measures we have in place alone cannot protect you personally from the potential of cyber attacks external to our systems.
There are many things you, as an electronic user, can do to protect yourself from these attacks just by being aware of the potential threats.
We hope the information provided on this page will give you an insight to what can happen and how to protect yourself.
Electronic communication from Century 10 Real Estate Finance
Within the normal course of our business with you Century 10 Real Estate Finance may call, email or text you to confirm details of a project or transaction. If we contact you by email or text, please check the email it has come from and the number that is calling is from our company.
If you receive any communication from Century 10 Real Estate Finance that you are suspicious about, always check directly with us to confirm the validity of it. Our contact details are available on the Century 10 Real Estate Finance website here.
The term ‘Phishing’ is an action where fraudsters send you electronic emails or texts which look like they come from an official source, often from a payment institution (banks, Paypal etc), asking for personal and security information. They are looking for you to divulge enough information for them to use to either take payments directly from your accounts or use information you give them to pay for items online. Software can be downloaded from emails, where the user is unaware of the content, which can infect your PC and can send sensitive data to the fraudsters (Malware).
Text messages can also be used to fool you into calling premium rate numbers charging you high call rates for which they receive a percentage of those call costs.
Keep yourself secure
- Always be aware of opening emails and attachments from sources that you are unsure about or look to good to be true.
- Protect your data with up-to-date anti-virus and internet security software.
- Back up sensitive files on your computer on a separate source in case you need to restore this information later.
- Keep your information private. Do not share logon details with others or with anyone asking for it online.
- If you receive any communication from Century 10 Real Estate Finance that you are suspicious about, always check directly with us to confirm the validity of it. Our contact details are available on the Century 10 Real Estate Finance website here.
Online safety – how to protect yourself and family:
The Metropolitan Police also issues guidance on the different types of scams that can occur. A PDF version is available here:
Reporting internet crime to the National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre: